Since 1991, MQA-accredited art and design college The One Academy is the top choice for creative education, home to nurturing creative professionals.
Here you’ll find what it takes to enrol at The One Academy. We have students ranging from high-school graduates to mature business owners and professionals. Whoever you are, there’s an art and design course suited just for you.
Degree Courses Requirements:
- SPM / O-Level / UEC or Equivalent
other institutes of higher learning in related field
(with minimum CGPA 2.0)
The One Academy's Foundation Programmes
Foundation in Communication Design
Foundation in Interior Architecture Design
- The One Academy Diploma in related field
Diploma from other institutes of higher learning in related field
(Advanced entry into
Year 2 of Degree with minimum CGPA 2.0)
- UK Degree in The One Academy
In collaboration with University of Hertfordshire (UH), United Kingdom
(completed locally at The One Academy)
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design (3 Years + 3 Months Internship)
- BA (Hons) Digital Media Design (3 Years + 3 Months Internship)
- BA (Hons) Interior Architecture and Design (3 Years + 6 Months Internship)
*This internship is compulsory upon completion of the course.
BA (Hons) Digital Media Design
- Pass SPM with minimum 5 credits (5Cs) including a pass in Bahasa Melayu, *Sejarah AND pass relevant Foundation Programme with minimum CGPA of 2.00 that is recognized by the Malaysian Government
- Pass STPM/A-Level with 2 full passes (Grade C) in any subjects
- Pass UEC with minimum 5 credits (5Bs)
- Pass Diploma in related field with minimum CGPA 2.00
- Other equivalent qualifications recognized by the Malaysian Government AND
- Pass Portfolio Review or Drawing Test conducted by The One Academy for candidates without an Art subject
- Pass SPM with minimum 5 credits (5Cs) and pass in Bahasa Melayu, Mathematics, *Sejarah AND pass relevant Foundation Programme with minimum CGPA of 2.00 that is recognized by the Malaysian Government
- Pass STPM with 2 full passes (Grade C) including Mathematics and one (1) related Science subject and a pass in English SPM
- Pass A-Level with minimum Grade C in 2 subjects including Mathematics
- Pass UEC with minimum Grade B in 5 subjects including Advanced Mathematics
- Pass South Australian Matriculation (SAM) with Tertiary Entrance Rank (TER) 70 and Grade B in Mathematics
- Pass Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with an average of 70% in 6 subjects including Mathematics
- Pass Diploma in related field with minimum of CGPA 2.00
- Pass Foundation / Matriculation Programme in related field with minimum of CGPA 2.00
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government AND
- Pass Art subject in SPM level OR
- Candidates without an Art subject must pass Portfolio Review or Drawing Test conducted by The One Academy
- IELTS: Band 6.0
- SPM (GCE O-Level English 1119): Grade C or higher
- GCSE/IGCSE English Language: Grade C or higher
- MUET: Band 3
• Ijazah Sekolah Menengah Umum (SMU) 3 / Ijazah Sekolah Menengah Atas (SMA) / Ijazah Sekolah Menengah Kejuruan (SMK) / Ijazah Madrasah Aliyah (bagi lulusan mulai tahun 2015) dengan gred purata 66 - 100
• Bang Tot Nghiep Trung Hoc Pho Thong (Upper Secondary School Graduation Diploma)
• Senior Secondary School Graduation Certificate / Graduation Certificate from a Vocational / Technical Secondary School (Zhixiao / Zhigao) or a Skilled Worker School (Jixiao)
• UCLES O-Level / A-Level / Higher Secondary School Certificate HSC
- South Korea
• High School Diploma / High School Graduation Equivalency Examination
For direct entry into Degree Programme (Year 1), the above entry requirements must be met & recognised by MQA, and with relevant art qualifications recognised by The One Academy.
**For non-Malaysian applicants, please refer to the The List of Entry Qualifications for International Student (PDF) to see if you qualify for this course.
**Sejarah (History) is a compulsory subject to pass in SPM starting 2013.
**Students must satisfy the stipulated English requirement before pursuing the University of Hertfordshire Degree programme at The One Academy.
**Upon completion of the TOA Diploma Programme the related field, students will be advanced entry to 2nd year of UK Degree Programme. Assessments in academic writing skills and additional semester may be required to satisfy pre-requisites for Degree Studies.
Can I get credit transfer?
If you have completed other courses or modules at another institution, you may be eligible to apply for credit transfer credit transfer are given based on subject to subject mapping according to guidelines provided by MOHE / MQA.
Credit transfer will be assessed by the Degree Programme Leader and in consultation with the Associate Dean of School in University of Hertfordshire. Please include full information of your prior studies, and attach relevant transcripts, portfolios and other evidence of your studies. Please contact the Student Registration Office (SRA) to discuss any aspect of the application process that you are unsure about and to arrange for a visit.
How many intakes do you have ?
Intake for direct entry into Year 1 and Year 2 Bachelor Degree Programmes is open in April.